Monday, September 25, 2006

I love my puppy!

Since losing my job a couple of weeks ago, I naturally spend a lot of time at home. I'm in a sort of waiting state where I go between worrying for my career future and enjoying my, if forced, vacation. I do leave the house, of course, to go work out or have lunch with my girlfriends or run errands or teach my class (yes, I got the gig and now am teaching Turbo Kick twice a week and LOVING it!). But, I'm definitely hanging out at home A LOT! I'm working on getting the next job lined up and pecking at my backlog of things to do. I finally fixed our home desktop computer! It was so ill, I had to kill it brutally and unequivocally and then bring it back to this world "shiny and new" as Madonna would put it. My DH is quite happy about it (I don't even use the desktop, as I have my laptop). He was finally able to install some World War II Game that the aching comp was refusing to let in previously. Great, I say, bring on the shooting noises! Speaking of games, though, with all this free time I even got to play some of my Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets PS game that my in laws gave me at least two years ago! Yay for forced vacations! And yes, I know, I'm incredibly lame for playing video games on a lowly Play Station I. Last time I checked it was X-box's time, and I don't even know what new and pimping technological advance is the coveted dream of boys and girls nowadays.
I also spend time studying ASP.NET. The book I'm using is a tutorial that has the reader build a real website as they go along. I really like this sort of learning, and when I'm done with the book I am planning on programming a menu building application that would hold my recipes, generate grocery lists, etc.
By now, I'm sure everybody's going, "so what does all this have to do with the puppy?". Well, I did digress a little, I guess. What I was trying to tell you is that now that I'm home so much, I spend a lot of time with Hazel. And for the hundredth time I marvel at what a sweet, kind, soft, playful and totally adorable dog she is! Look for yourself! Isn't she gorgeous? During the day she's sleeping next to me while I'm studying or jumps up on my lap because she wants to cuddle. Yesterday, we played hide-and-seek. The game goes like this: I leave her with the door closed in one of the rooms and hide her toy somewhere in the house. Then I let her out and with the most urgency and wonder I can muster, I'm inquiring out loud "Where is the toy? Do you know? 'Cause I don't know. Where is it? WHERE IS IT?". And she launches out of the bedroom on her hunt. She's sniffing around and looking for the toy. Once she finds it, (which happens quite quickly), she knows she's supposed to get a treat, so without even picking it up (granted, I do go "Yay" to encourage her) she starts running towards me for her reward. Yet, I play the stern judge and tell her to go pick it up. And she DOES! And that, ladies and gentlemen, was never even taught to her! I tell you, she's the smartest dog around!
It's probably silly, but that wonderful fur ball has a miraculous ability to make everything better. Just petting her or kissing the top of her head calms me down and gives a brighter outlook. Having that wonderful dog in our lives has definitely been great. All of you, pet owners out there know what I'm talking about. And the ones who don't have a pet. Get one! You won't regret it!

Chat later,
H

1 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alenka,thank you I remember now about Harry Potter's game.
Now I also have time for it.
Mama with love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home