Teaching TK while missing Hubby... Such mixed emotions
Well, I might just have scored a chance to put my TK teaching aspirations into real live action!
After playing tag for a week with a manager of a local gym Fitzone for Women, I finally got a chance to offer my services as a Turbo Kick instructor. She has heard of Turbo Jam (the at home DVD version of TK) and was interested in talking to me. That is up until the moment she heard I've NEVER taught before! You should have seen her face! It went from "That sounds interesting" to "Ummm... How do I get rid of this girl?". But no fear! Sensing her slipping away, I immediately jumped in with the offer to have just a few trial classes to see if she and the gym members will like it. And if they do, I can stay. If not, I'll leave. No huge commitment for her. She perked right back up again and offered me THREE classes on Sept 11, 12 & 14 while one of her staff instructors is on vacation. I'm SOOO excited! And nervous! IMHO, anyone who's introduced to this workout properly, can't help but fall in love :) My only fear is that I won't do it justice. But, I'm gonna practice my buns of steel off to get it RIGHT! Wish me luck!
All that was on a happy note. Here comes the sad one... My DH is leaving on a business trip to Japan! He'll be convincing the head honchos at an unnamed Japanese automaker that they really do owe his company money ;) While, I'm excited for him, as it's such a great business opportunity, not to mention it's a trip to freakin Japan! But in the worst case scenario, he'll be gone for 10 days!! Now, I understand that may not be the worst case scenario for him, with all the sushi and geishas he can get, but surely puts me in the dumps. :( I have a great relationship with my hubby and I don't think we've ever been apart that long before. I'll miss him terribly!
And, if he does stay there for 10 days, he'll miss my first real teaching experience! He's been so supportive with my TK hobby, that it's not right if he isn't here to share...

Well, I guess this little precious and I will have a
chance to catch up on the latest chick flicks. Hey, gotta try and see the positive, eh? Anyhoo, that's our news. Later dudes and dudettes!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home