And the Emmy goes to... Or where have all my shows gone?
Just finished watching the second part of the Emmys on our TiVo. Now, don't be rolling your eyes at me now! Who has three hours of uninterrupted time to watch it all at once? Not us! Well, I gotta say first that I was pleasantly surprised by Conan. I always felt he was kind of creepy/weird, but the dude is hilarious! I love Jon Stewart, but his Oscar's hosting gig wasn't nearly as successful. Overall, I'm very disappointed with some of the winner choices. Office for best sitcom?!! C'mon!! The show sucks! Its ratings suck. It's not funny! And don't get me started on My Name is Earl. The show actually won an Emmy for best writing for their pilot episode. I watched that pilot episode in a hotel while on a business trip. Granted, I might have been unduly sad over the thin pillows and harsh sheets on my bed, but I don't remember even cracking a smile! I guess, at least NBC has the guts to laugh at themselves, as their show lineup is getting more and more pathetic. West Wing - we're gonna miss ya...
The two new favorites of ours - Two and a Half Men and How I met your Mother didn't earn the Emmy nods. Heck, Mother, wasn't even nominated for anything and what a delightful show that is! And Two and a Half Men have just brilliant writing! But alas, I'm not voting on those things.
I'm somewhat happy for Julia Louis-Dreyfus for finally breaking the Seinfeld curse, though we stopped watching her new show after just a few episodes as we didn't find it that entertaining.
All this brings us to the question of the Fall Lineup. We have lost so many of our favorite shows in the last few years - West Wing , Friends, Frasier, Alias, Sex and the City (and my husband lost his interest for Desperate Housewives - must be that dreadful new haircolor on Eva ;)). We need new good ones! We're looking to try the Studio 60, but other than that, we're not even sure what's coming out and how "bad" it will be. Hopefully, msnbc.com will do its ratings of new shows just like last year.
Okay, enough of TV show ramblings. Sleepy time now...


1 Comments:
I am enjooing your blog - though still don't quite understand what it is. Thanks to Ilya (your father-in-law?) and you. My name is Sasha Dranov. I'd like to meet you some day.
Thnks for a run-down of TV shows. We have not seen the new ones - and missed the Emmies while taveling in China - so thanks for the tips...
Post a Comment
<< Home