My name is Blanche, and I'm a GOLDEN GIRL!..
Hehe, I bet you wonder what's that all about? Well...
This past Saturday I went to a Turbo Kick Workshop for Round 27. For those not in the know, Turbo Kick instructors are required to attend two workshops during the two years their certification is valid for. This requirement makes sure that instructors stay true to form and technique. But, most importantly, the workshops are a wonderful opportunity to hang out with people that share your love for TURBO! :) The actual workshop is scheduled into the day long TK instructor certification. People that are getting certified are there from 8 in the morning till 5 or 6 at night (I did this last December). Current instructors just come for the workshop which is held from about 10 to noon. Workshops are also a chance for instructors to retest. What does that mean? Well, when you first get certified as a TK instructor, you get one of three passing grades, namely
In training - which means you still need to work on your form and technique before you go teaching Turbo Kick.
Pass- which is what majority of people get, though it could be on a lower end or the higher end of the spectrum (this is the grade I got back in December when I got certified)
And finally, GOLD - Here's a quote from PBP (Powder Blue Productions) on what Gold means ;) "The "Gold" certification is supposed to be reserved for those who are complete and total stand-outs. Not only is their form near PERFECT, but these people are able to put "explosive" power and energy behind it.
Gold rankings are supposed to be reserved for those who have a MOTIVATING style and demonstrate a bit of showmanship. "
Soooo... Cheryl - presenter from my original certification encouraged me to retest for Gold. She said I was very close to it the first time and I should go for it. And so I did!
Instead of just attending the workshop, I hung out with my fellow TK lovers and a GREAT presenter Kimi Thompson all day Saturday. It was so much fun! We were sweating bullets, whooping, kicking and punching ;) Kimi was wonderful - very thorough, kind and FUN.
To make a long story short, I gave it my very best and I got the GOLD!! I'm very proud of this accomplishment. TK is such a big part of my life that it means a lot to me to receive such a high ranking from PBP. Now, I just have to start teaching ;). When I get some pics from Kimi from the workshop, I'll post a couple here. Till then, ta ta...
P.S. Guess what my SWEETIE of a hubby did when he found out I got the Gold? He went out and got me flowers and one of those toy gold "Winner" medals. It was sooo cute :) He's the best hubby EVER!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home